Call for Nominations
As has been the practice for the last three years, Muslims for Human Rights (MUHURI) will be hosting the third annual Pwani Human Rights Awards. Every year, as part of the international human rights day celebrations on 10th December, MUHURI honors men and women residing and hailing from the Coast of Kenya for their exemplary efforts in the promotion and protection of human rights. These awards are meant to highlight the efforts that are made towards realizing a human rights state and also to encourage those residing and hailing from the Coast of Kenya to actively support human rights initiatives from the local to national levels.
In light of the above, for the third year running, MUHURI will host the Annual Human Rights Awards on 10th December 2012 and hereby call for nominations under the following categories:
1. "Shujaa" (Female Human Rights Activist of the Year) Award
2. "Shujaa" (Male Human Rights Activist of the Year) Award
3. "Asasi ya Jamii" (Civil Society Organization of the Year) Award
4. "Utumishi" (Public Service Officer of the Year) Award
5. "Usalama" (Security Service Officer of the Year) Award
6. "Chipukizi" (Youth Human Rights Activist of the Year) Award
7. "Uwezo Maalum" (Person with Disability Activist of the Year) Award
8. "Waliobobea" (Lifetime Struggle for Human Rights at the Coast) Award
Entry forms can be downloaded from the Muslims for Human Rights (MUHURI) website: www.muhuri.org and can also be picked from our offices at Haki House off Mathenge Road, off Nyerere Avenue. Forms are also available with MUHURI’s Human Rights Officers who are based in all the six counties of the Coast namely: Taita Taveta, Mombasa, Lamu, Tana River Kwale and Kilifi.
Nomination forms can be submitted physically, by post, fax or email to the following contacts:
The completed forms should reach the above address on or before 25th November 2012.
MUHURI staff and their immediate family members are not eligible for nomination.